We all know Taco is a Mexican dish, consisting of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A Taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including vegetables, and cheese, allowing great versatility and variety. Tacos are generally eaten without utensils, often garnished with salsa, chili pepper, avocado, guacamole, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.
Today I will share with you a total makeover of Tacos. Basically I would say Tacos prepared in total desi style and with full desi touch.
Now you all must be wondering what is desi style and desi touch in Tacos.
From schooldays I use to eat masala puri made by mom. This masala puri is made up of wheat flour,chickpea flour and basic masalas,fried in oil. So to avoid oil I thought of baking it.While baking them an idea came in my mind, why not to give it a shape of tacos.Thats how masala puri turned into Tacos.
Chaats are my favourite,so as a filling I prepared a chana chaat covered with curd & chutneys. So instead of using cheese & veggies, I used chaat as filling and let me tell you this experiment turned out very well. It tasted heavenly.
Check this recepie in detail and try these Tacos in desi style. I am sure you will love them.
1 cup wheat flour
1/4th cup gram flour(besan)
4 tablespoon oats powder(optional)
1/4 teaspoon hing
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/4th teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain.)
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon oil for dough
1/4th cup boiled kala chana
1/4th cup boiled chole
1/4th cup sprouts
2 tablespoon curd
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnishing
1. In a bowl add all flours, spices and 2 teaspoon oil & mix it thoroughly
2. Add water to make a poori dough.
3.Roll like pooris & bake them @150° for 10 min.(check pic for reference)
1. Boil chole, chana, sprout
2. In a bowl add finely chopped onion, cucumber, capsicum, boiled chana, chole & sprouts. Mix them well
3. Now add 2 spoons of thick curd, 1 spoon green chutney, 1 spoon tamarind chutney, chaat masala, salt to taste, chilli powder.Mix them all
4. Fill the filling in tacos & garnish with nylonsev & coriander
5.Tacofusion ready to serve.